Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Teapot BOM

In January I decided that I wanted to do the Shabby Fabrics Teapot Block of the Month. It's a six month BOM. I got my first pattern and fabrics the end of February. The company gives you plenty of fabric and excellent directions for each block. I finished making my first block last Thursday. Here's the finished block.



Below is the pattern for the second block. I have all the applique patterns traced on fusible. This pattern arrived two days after the first block was finished!



The piecing is a little tedious, but I so love doing the appliques. The steady sound of the machine making the stitches is soothing and relaxing. It's nice to do between other projects. The cheery fabrics make doing these blocks so much fun. Applique quilts are my favorites to make. 

I use the applique techniques taught in Sue Nickels and Pat Holly's  book Stitched Raw Edge Applique. You can find this book at Sue's website.

Use your time wisely and with intentionality. You'll get so much done. Have an awesome day! 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment