Monday, February 23, 2015

70/40 Birthday Party

The past week, my daughter Kim, son-in-law Roger, grandson Ryan and granddaughter Shelley, were here for the week. It was a really cold week in Florida but far warmer than they would have been at home in Georgia. My husband had Monday off for President's Day, but worked the rest of the week. My SIL worked from our house all week. The rest of us cooked, ate, sewed, read, played on the Wii and relaxed.

Friday evening we celebrated my husband Chris's and son Geoff's birthdays with a 70/40 party. Shelley and granddaughter Angelica helped us shop for the decorations at the party store. They, along with Ryan and GD Faith, did the decorating. It was a small party with family and a few friends. There was lots of laughter, so I think everyone had a great time. Certainly my husband and I did!



Kim and I did most of the cooking. We served appetizers of olives, Jarlsberg cheese dip, beet hummus, crackers and French rounds.





Our dinner menu was pistachio encrusted salmon, sautéed yellow squash, zucchini and onion, steamed asparagus, and ciabatta bread (made by our friends Dan and Susan). Everything was delicious! Shelley made Ghirardelli brownies and Angelica made gluten free brownies for dessert. We served them with Publix Organic Vanilla Ice Cream. Yummy!





We had to have a kids table and an adult table since we couldn't fit fifteen around our dining table.



The kids played tic-tac-toe on my iPad!



Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment