Friday, February 6, 2015

Trapunto Appliquéd Quilt

Wednesday I found an awesome quilt through Pinterest. The Secret Garden Trapunto Quilt. Joanne L. on the the Craft Passion Blog designed and made this. She generously makes the pattern and directions available for free. Secret Garden is lots of flowers, ladybugs, butterflies, snails and some birds. When you turn down the top it says "Secret Garden", which has been appliquéd to the top back of the quilt. I'm really anxious to make this quilt. I just love doing applique because I find it so relaxing. 
The fabric line she used is no longer available. I'm heading to Bernina Sewing Centre this morning to look for fabric for The Secret Garden. I'll show you what I come up with in a later post.
She also has a Trapunto quilt pattern called Road Runner. That one has cars and road equipment. Such a great idea for a boy's room.
Have a great day. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment