Monday, January 26, 2015

Granada Quilt And Fractured Squares

My sixteen year old granddaughter, Angelica, made the Granada quilt, by Villa Rosa Designs. It was one of the Quilt of the Month quilts for 2014 at Bernina Sewing Centre. She chose her own fabrics. At first she was going to use red as the accent but switched to the gorgeous light turquoise. I'm so glad she did as it turned out great!
Now it's my turn to quilt her quilt. I just purchased Quilting Wide Open Spaces by Judi Madsen. The book has great advice for choosing your design as well as quilting it. Judi also has several quilt patterns in this book. The main piece of advice, I took to heart, is practicing on the quilt! She says she never practices on paper. Judi has it down by the time she first advances the quilt on the longarm. I decided I'd give it a go. I'm quilting an all over free motion pattern I call fractured squares. I've never done this pattern before but believe I did okay. I'm using So Fine #411, black, in the needle and black prewound bobbins, from Superior Threads. Angelica's quilt is ready for the first advance.


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment