Monday, January 12, 2015

Laundry, Quilting Fabrics and My Favorite Tip

Monday Wash Day! 
I have a couple issues to deal with in doing laundry. First, I have allergies to most perfumes. They clog my head and give me a headache. I also find them offensive to smell. Second, is getting a rash and itching from some detergents. For those reasons, I use ALL free & clear and Ultra Downey free & gentle. They work great for my allergies and sensitivities and get the laundry clean.
When I want to whiten our whites I use Oxiclean Free powder along with the laundry soap and I double rinse the load.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or paid by any company.
Now for my Favorite tip. SHOUT Color Catcher! They look sort of like a dryer sheet only thicker. I started using them when I pre- wash my quilting fabrics, both hand dyed and commercial. I always use a Color Catcher when I wash a quilt. 
I also use it in the load when I wash new clothes with color. My laundry is always separated into whites, lights and darks. Whenever I launder a dark load a Color Catcher gets put in and it ALWAYS has color in it when the load is finished. It doesn't seem to matter how many times the clothes have been laundered. If you aren't using a Color Catcher the dye is going back into your clothes and it makes them dingy.





A little hint for any crafters or fiber artists. You can use the used/dyed color catchers in your crafting and fiber art.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment