Friday, January 30, 2015

Longarm Quilting Books and DVD's


A couple of friends, who are just starting out on the adventure of longarming, asked me for some advice. In putting together that information for them I thought I'd share some on my blog. The picture above shows some of the quilting books and DVD's I'm recommending to them. I'll list them below.

BASICS:
Pathways to Better Quilting by Sally Terry
Darlene Epps, Pocket Guides from Trillium House, Freehanding Textures & Fillers, Meanderings, Borders and Sashings
Show me How to Machine Quilt by Kathy Sandbach
Breaking the Code by Christine Olsen

Other MUST HAVES:
Mastering the Art of Longarm Quilting by Gina Perkes
Mastering the Art of McTavishing w/DVD's by Karen McTavish
Quilting Wide Open Spaces by Judi Madsen

EXTRAS:
No Boundaries, Jamie Wallen and Nicole Webb
Mary's Whimsies, The Jelly Bean Quilter by Mary Eddy
Machine Quilting Solutions by Christine Maraccini
Quilting Makes the Quilt by Lee Cleland
Any of Karen McTavish's books.  All come with DVD's 

DVD's
Pajama Quilter Reloaded w/workbook by Dawn Ramirez
Feathers of a New Generation (Not your Grandmom's Feathers) w/workbook by Lisa Calle
Fancy Feathers by Linda V. Taylor
Fowl Proof Feathers by Myrna Ficken

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment