Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Quilt of the Month

Every month in 2014 I've made, or supervised, twice, the making of a quilt. The patterns were all by Villa Rosa Designs. They were chosen by Bernina Sewing Centre. Sometimes I purchased the fabric kits and other times made my own choices. Some of the quilts are going to family, while others will be given to charity.
Yesterday I made the back and loaded the first charity quilt onto my APQS, Mellinium longarm. Today I'll start quilting it. I'm using So Fine by Superior Threads #534, a chartreuse color, for most of the quilting. The inner black border will be quilted with a black thread. I'll be binding the quilt in the same fabric as the inner border.
The fabrics for this quilt are definitely out of my usual color choices. I wanted it to be fun and cheerful. Hopefully it will make the person it goes to feel happy!



Peace!

2 comments: